Signs of a Healthy Relationship
While no list is complete or an perfect predictor, the following list will go
a long way in helping you determine if the relationship you are in is a healthy one.
- You can express your thoughts and feelings without worrying about being ridiculed.
- You can spend time with family and friends without your boyfriend/girlfriend becoming jealous.
- You can have friends of the opposite sex.
- You feel good about yourself when you are around your boyfriend/girlfriend.
- You laugh a lot.
- You both talk freely about your feelings.
- Your mind and your body are respected by your boyfriend/girlfriend.
- You feel free to be yourself around tyour boyfriend/girlfriend.
- You both accept each other's differences.
- During disagreements, you both make an effort to talk it out honestly.
- You are both willing to compromise sometimes.
- You don't feel guilty or pressured by your partner.
- You generally feel appreciated and liked.
- There is no verbal, physical, sexual, or financial abuse going on.
- Your self-esteem grows.